- Login to benefitsCONNECT®.
- Click on Company Administration.
- Click on Edit Company.
- Select the company by clicking on the name.
- Click on Employee Administration.
- Click Edit Employee.
- SEARCH for the employee whose COBRA benefits need to be terminated.
- On the Employee Administration Menu, click on Personal Information then click Status.
- Change the field, Employee Employment Status is Currently, to Terminated
- Change the Status change Effective Date to the COBRA end date.
- Change the Employee Login Disabled status to Yes. This will disable the employee’s login access preventing them from entering the system.
- Click SAVE.
- You will be prompted to terminate plan elections – Click OK.
TIP: If you click Cancel, the COBRA participant will remain enrolled in benefits.
- Change the Termination Date for each plan that is to be terminated to the new termination date and then click SAVE.
TIP: NEVER click the box to Delete Election. This will cause the system to act as if the benefit election never existed and will not report the change to the carrier(s).