- Login to benefitsCONNECT®.
- Click on Company Administration.
- Click on Edit Company.
- Select the company by clicking on the name.
- Click on Employee Administration.
- Click Edit Employee.
- SEARCH for the employee that needs a dependent added. Highlight the employee name (if more than one employee with the same keyword exists), click SELECT.
- From the Employee Administration screen, click Dependent Information and then Add Spouse or Domestic Partner or Add Child. In this example, we will add a spouse to the employee’s medical plan.
- Enter the required fields for the spouse/child and then click SAVE.
TIP: Fields in Bold are REQUIRED.
- A pop-up window will appear to notify you that adding the dependent does not automatically enroll them in benefits. Click OK to make the plan elections for the dependent.
- You will be taken to the Benefit Plan Enrollment screen. A listing of Eligible Plan Types, which the employee is allowed to add, will be listed in the gray box to the right of the screen.
- For this example, choose Medical as the plan to add the dependent.
- If the plan is outside the Open Enrollment window, another window will appear notifying you that a Qualifying Event must occur to make the change. Click OK to go to apply a Qualifying Event.
- Select the applicable Qualifying Event from the drop-down menu. In our example, choose Marriage. Enter the Qualifying Date and then click CONTINUE.
- You are now on the Benefit Plan Enrollment – By Benefit Type screen, select the appropriate plan option radio button and click the box next to the name of the dependent(s) to be added. The Election Summary will update costs automatically, showing the total accumulated Payroll Deductions.
- Repeat steps 9 and 12 for each benefit type affected, click SAVE after each benefit type is complete.
TIP: The Qualifying Event will only need to be applied during the election of the first benefit.