Wage and Hour Compliance
Making a mistake on employee payroll obviously impacts the employee - but it can also cost the employer in lawsuit damages. In fact, employers pay millions of dollars each year to settle wage-hour lawsuits. The kicker? Much of that liability could have been avoided had the employer reviewed and changed its pay policies.
Don’t let these preventable mistakes take your business down. Watch our on-demand webinar to learn more about the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and how your organization can remain compliant and avoid the most common wage-and-hour pitfalls that can potentially wreak havoc in your business.
Wage and hour compliance continues to be challenging for even the most sophisticated companies and multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts are announced daily. Despite the notoriety around wage and hour lawsuits, most companies are unaware of a compliance issue until a lawsuit arrives on their doorsteps.
Compliance is challenging -- and it has been made even more difficult with ever-changing laws, regulations, and guidance -- particularly on the state and local levels. Modern technology has further complicated the analysis as the workplace continues to evolve.
Our on-demand webinar covers:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Common wage and hour mistakes
- How to avoid wage and hour pitfalls
- Whether employers should offer benefits to independent contractors
- Determining if part-time employees should be offered benefits
- The timeline for terminating benefits when an employee goes part-time
- What benefits should be offered for Workers' compensation?
- And more