This infographic explains how your money travels through a Health Savings Account (HSA).
How to Use This Infographic:
Circuitry is confusing... so what's going on? The main purpose is to show the manipulation of money in a health savings account. If you were to trace your finger along the circuit (starting with Initial Investment), then the storyline of what you should observe goes as follows:
- Investments come from several sources and can happen throughout the year
- Qualified health expenses are deducted from the HSA and applied to the deductible
- The red lines represent what you pay out of the HSA (or out-of-pocket)
- Once the deductible is satisfied, you only pay coinsurance while your insurance covers the rest.
- Funds roll-over at the end of the term