A recent study shows that the average American adult spends 2 hours and 55 minutes per day on their smartphone.
And of that time 90% is spent on apps!
While you may or may not personally resemble that statistic, what matters most is this point:
If you want to create an engaging employee experience, you need to have a benefits communication strategy that includes a mobile app.
A benefits-focused mobile app provides you with a way to reach your employees where they are, with the benefits information they need, when they need it.
Let's learn how.
How Mobile Apps Increase Employee Benefits Engagement
By providing a mobile app for employee benefits related information, you can increase engagement through:
- A personalized employee experience where each employee has detailed views into their benefits information and can easily find what they need to know
- An extension of your company branded experience to provide consistency whether your employees are using the mobile app, a full website experience or your own company sites
- Clear calls to take action through app notifications to ensure time sensitive activities are completed on time
- Education on how to get help when needed such as by contacting the call center or accessing carrier sites
- Additional value added features such as videos that explain specific types of benefits and having all ID cards in one place
Great User Experience = Happier Employees
Unsurprisingly, technology, employee engagement and retention have been strongly correlated for several years now. According to a 2016 Adobe Future of Work report, 85% of employees who felt that their company’s technology was ahead of the curve said they loved their job. Those who's organization lacked in technology resources? Only 45% of employees made the same claim.
That's why it is important to select technology partners that are agile enough to offer value-added solutions to employers and deliver a great user experience to their employees. A mobile app should be a standard feature of your benefits enrollment solution and include the "must have" features employees need to make efficient use of their benefits offerings.
Ultimately, a mobile app makes benefits information more accessible, improves plan comprehension and offers employees the freedom to access their benefits any time, any place. More importantly, it positions your organization as technologically advanced and committed to employee engagement leading to happier more productive employees in the long run.
Ready to see how the Benefitexpressway Mobile App delivers a great user experience and helps employees access benefits information in the moments that matter most? Download our product sheet today!