HRAs in 2020
Two new HRAs are coming in 2020, and our latest on-demand webinar covers the important details employers need to know.
In June 2019, Treasury, DOL and HHS released final regulations that are effective for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2020. These regulations created two new HRAs:
- Individual Coverage HRAs (ICHRA)
- Excepted Benefit HRAs (EBHRA)
These new HRAs will be subject to ERISA and COBRA, but will not be subject to the nondiscrimination rules under Code Section 105(h). Any employer can offer these new HRAs to their employees. They can be offered to common law employees, but cannot be offered to self-employed individuals, partners and more than 2% S-Corporation shareholders.
Our on-demand webinar covers:
- Why are these new HRAs so important?
- Which employees can be included or excluded
- What documentation is needed to be completed by employers to adopt them
- What reporting and disclosure requirements must be met
- What types of expenses can be reimbursed
- The pros and cons of establishing and participating in these new HRAs for employers
Do you need to review, audit and process claims for reimbursement? Let benefitexpress deliver relief from this administrative burden. Learn more about our reimbursement solutions!