2019 Health and Welfare Plans
We work in an exciting industry – which means quick changes are the norm, and adaptability is a necessity. Keep your compliance plans up to date with a download of all legislative changes since our last update webinar.
This webinar covered the latest on health care reform - legislation that's passed in the last six months, what's on the way, and what it means for your organization.
Topics discussed include:
- Guidance on employer shared responsibility - including 2018 penalty amounts and 2019 health and welfare plans review
- Proposed regulations that would expand availability of short-term, limited-duration insurance
- IRS revises some 2018 benefit limits due to tax cuts and Jobs Act; then revises it again
- IRS clarifies that male sterilization and male contraceptives are not preventive care for HDHP purposes; provides transition relief
- HHS finalizes 2019 benefit and payment parameters and extends transition policy allowing certain non-compliant policies
- Agencies issue more mental health parity guidance, including additional FAQs and a new disclosure form
- IRS announces 2019 HSA contribution limits, HDHP minimum deductibles, and HDHP out-of-pocket maximums
- IRS announces ACA indexing adjustments for affordability and premium tax credit determinations for 2019
- Employer tax credit for paid Family Medical Leave
- DOL releases final rules for Association Health Plans
Curious for more? Watch a recording of this session, or download the slides.
Looking for a technology solution to offer your clients? Discover the wonders of our cloud-based benefits administration platform, a customizable enrollment technology software that assures year-round benefits administration success.